I completed an MS in artificial intelligence at the University of Georgia in May of 2015, having written my thesis on sentiment analysis and linguistic hedging in financial documents. I spent the subsequent year working for a text mining firm just outside of Atlanta, GA, building NLP applications for use in Vantage Point software.
My recent research projects include:
- Unsupervised semantic relations learning
- Workflow management for machine translation
- Machine learning for text mining applications
- Corpus studies of spoken British English
- Sentiment analysis of financial documents
I was a teaching assistant for an introductory business course from 2012 through 2014, in addition to being the lead TA for the final three semesters. In this capacity, I managed a team of ~25 TAs, coordinated lab schedules for ~900 students, and lead weekly breakout sessions for Microsoft Excel.